Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I gave this recipe from the "365 Ways to Cook Chicken" cookbook an A+! It's easy and you'll probably have most of the ingredients already on hand.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a shallow bowl, blend together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and garlic over very low heat until butter melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Brush chicken pieces with garlic butter, then roll in bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Place chicken skin side up on a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- Mix together any remaining crumb mixture and butter and sprinkle over chicken.
- Place in oven and bake 1 hour.
This was a really great recipe. Fast to make and great tasting. I did make a couple of changes: I used Panko breadcrumbs and used fresh grated romano cheese and I only baked it 30 mins so that it came out very moist. I placed the chicken breast on a rack so that they were crunchy all around. Even my picky daughter loved it. Thanks for the recipe.
I made this for a dinner party and got rave reviews (which belong to you!) I changed the bread to rice crispies; used dried parsley as that is all I had; used 8 cloves of garlic and used olive oil instead of butter. This tasted fantastic both hot for dinner and cold the next day for lunch. Thanks for a winner!
Fantastic! This dish is just awesome and the aroma....OMG. I want to give it more stars. We all made pigs of ourselves eating this, including picky toddler DS. I thought I defrosted 6 chicken breasts but ended up with 2.7 lb of chicken tenders (they were great as tenders). I made 1 1/2 times the coating and it was perfect. Some of the tenders got the leftover garlic butter and coating and they were juicier while the others were nice and crunchy. Some of them took a bit of extra work to get off the foil so next time I will try the Reynolds Release foil. This was in the oven for 40 minutes. I can't wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow. This is a big hit in our house and will be made often. Thanks!