- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 lbs chicken, cut in 8 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour with all spices.
- Beat egg and milk.
- Coat chicken pieces with flour.
- Combine breadcrumbs with egg mixture to form a soft moist mixture.
- Roll floured chicken pieces in moist crumb mixture and arrange skin side up in roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with the oil.
- Bake about 40 minutes or crisp and brown.
- The last 15 minutes pour over the combined melted butter, honey and lemon.
- This recipe works well with skin removed.