Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 lbs chicken, cut in 8 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine flour with all spices.
- Beat egg and milk.
- Coat chicken pieces with flour.
- Combine breadcrumbs with egg mixture to form a soft moist mixture.
- Roll floured chicken pieces in moist crumb mixture and arrange skin side up in roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with the oil.
- Bake about 40 minutes or crisp and brown.
- The last 15 minutes pour over the combined melted butter, honey and lemon.
- This recipe works well with skin removed.
The cinnamon flavour in this dish is really nice, I found I needed to use more breadcrumbs and 1 more egg to do 6 pieces of chicken. =)
This recipe was good :) - i thought that it had a bit too much cinnamon. my dh really did not care for it- said it was like eating dinner and desert at the same time. followed everything in the recipe. the chicken was really tender and juicy!!! next time i will use less cinnamon and honey. thanks so much for sharing!
Good recipe. I used 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs though.