1/45 Photos of Oven-Fried Chicken Chimichangas
Miss Annie's Note:
A fast and healthier way to serve Chimichangas than the traditional deep fried. These are very good, and you may dress them up to you own preference. I like to serve with green chile sauce sometimes instead of the picante sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup picante sauce or 2/3 cup your favorite salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped with some tops (about 1/4 cup)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- chopped green onion, for serving
- picante sauce, for serving
- 1Mix chicken, picante sauce or salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions.
- 2Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- 3Fold opposite sides over filling.
- 4Roll up from bottom and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- 5Brush with melted margarine.
- 6Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden.
- 7Garnish with additional cheese and green onion and serve salsa on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Fried Chicken Chimichangas
Serving Size: 1 (893 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 717.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 18.7 g