Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve at brunch or as a dessert.
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Slice each banana in half lengthwise and in half crosswise to end up with 8 banana halves.
- Toss each half in melted butter and then in flakes.
- Place on baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey.
This is a great way to make fried bananas. I used Special K cinnamon pecan cereal, which I crushed in a gallon-sized ziplock bag with some frozen chocolate chips, added a little brown sugar, and coated the bananas as instructed. I then refrigerated the coated bananas until time to bake. I topped them with vanilla ice cream, and had a dessert that was so good it wasn't enough to satisfy my family. Next time, I'll double it. Thanks for the easy, wonderful recipe!