Recipe by Mrs. Doeinck
This is a great alternative to fried chicken if you are watching your calorie and fat intake. It tastes terrific. You can use boneless skinless breasts instead of legs and thighs. Great comfort food!
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (red)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 10 chicken drumsticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread tablespoon butter over the bottom of a baking sheet. I cover mine with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt in a large ziploc or shake 'n bake type bag. Close bag and shake to blend well.
- Beat egg white in a shallow bowl. Stir in water. Dip chicken in egg white mixture. Place chicken in bag with flour mixture. Shake to coat. Arrange chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Drizzle evenly over chicken.
- Bake the chicken about 40-45 minutes (less time if using boneless breasts).