I found this while looking for recipes to use all the fish we've been catching. It's similar to Russ's Crab Cakes he makes and just as good. We cooked ours in a little oil in a pan 9no oven) but have submitted the original recipe.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, cooled, JUST potato
- 500 g cooked fish fillets, any white fish will do
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh coriander root
- 1 small red chile, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Spray a baking tray with spray oil.
- In a mixing bowl combine first 7 ingredients. Mix well.
- Divide into 8 equal round cakes.
- Coat with flour, then dip in egg and finally coat with the crumbs.
- Place cakes on prepared tray; chill for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 190c.
- Spray cakes with oil and bake, turning once (spray again). They will take about 30 minutes in total to cook.