1/1 Photo of Oven-Baked Fish Sticks With Easy Tartar Sauce (Kid-Friendly)
Although cod is stated in the ingredients this recipe will work good using tilapia or white fish fillets. This will serve about 3 people, but can be easily doubled. The already crushed cornflake crumbs that you purchase in a small box will not work as well for this recipe, the texture is too fine and the fish sticks will not be as crispy, try to use regular cornflakes cereal and grind them in your processor. You can double the tartar sauce recipe if you prefer more sauce, try to make the sauce even up to a day ahead to blend flavors. This is a great recipe for kids of all ages LOL!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (can use more)
- salt and pepper
- 1Set oven to 475°F (set oven rack to second-lowest position, or the middle rack).
- 2In a bowl mix together the mayo, sweet relish, garlic powder and lemon juice; whisk to blend, and season with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3Process the cornflakes with a pinch of seasoning salt and black pepper on a processor until coarse crumbs form (leave the crumbs coarse, don't grind them to a fine texture) transfer the crumbs to a bowl and mix in lemon peel.
- 4In a small bowl mix together the melted butter with about 2-3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice until well combined.
- 5Season the fish with black pepper (and more salt if desired) then brush the fish with the lemon butter to coat on all sides.
- 6Dip the fish into the cornflake mixture coating completely.
- 7Arrange the fish on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 8Sprinkle with any remaining cornflake mixture.
- 9Bake fish for about 7-10 minutes (depending on the size of the fish strips).
- 10Serve with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Fish Sticks With Easy Tartar Sauce (Kid-Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.0
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 143.5 mg
- Sodium 856.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 44.0 g