Recipe by erin_carrier
This recipe is from Rachel Ray's 365: No Repeats cookbook. It is number 222. This is a great recipe that you can use for entertaining too! Just use mini hotdogs and toothpics, instead of regular hotdogs and bamboo skewers!
Top Review by nicoleangelle
This recipe is a disaster. The batter is too runny and doesn't hold at all to the hot dogs. After you coat them and put them in the oven, the batter just slides right off. I will say however that the batter itself actually tasted really good- we ended up pouring it in muffin tins and had some good cornbread muffins. As for the corndogs, I think there's a reason why they are normally deep fried.
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes Jiffy baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 8 hot dogs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, combine the muffin mix with the eggs, milk, and melted margarine. Season the mix with chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, and scallions. The batter will be thick like wet dough.
- Place a hotdog into the bowl of batter, coat it, remove the hotdog and place it on a nonstick cookie sheet, use your fingers to spread batter onto any exposed spots.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until evenly browned all over.