Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This a 4th of July recipe that I made on a rainy holiday. Also perfect for any time.
- 16 chicken legs-thighs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (18 ounce) bottles barbecue sauce
- Wash chicken legs/thighs pat dry. Align in pan apply salt and pepper.
- Place in oven covered with foil so the chicken can sweat at 350°F Cook for 30 minutes.
- Combine the other 4 ingredient apply to chicken through out bake until jucies run clear.
- Drain off juices apply BBQ sauce cook for 20 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes and serve.
This was very good bbq chicken! I did not make this for a group just me and my husband so I used two chicken breasts instead of the chicken thighs and scaled down the spice and bbq sauce quantities. It was very moist and flavorful! The cinnamon is the secret! It really makes this recipe! Thanks for posting!
This was as delicious to eat as it was easy to make. I cut the recipe in half and omitted using the cinnamon... other than that, followed the recipe as written. The chicken was falling off the bone tender... so good! The house smelled fantastic, too. Served with some herbed rice & mixed veggies.
If you are leaving out the cinnamon you are wasting a perfectly good recipe. I know it sounds weird but keep the cinnamon! It was perfect. Just use lightly. I couldn't believe how I could actually taste the delicious hint of cinnamon. This recipe was superb! A must try. (Only change is that I used cayenne pepper instead of paprika)