Prep 48 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Best brine for smoked turkey around. This recipe was given to me by my uncle. He is always smoking meat. This recipe uses canning or koser salt, not table salt. Using table salt in this amount will make the brine too salty.
- 2 gallons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups canning salt (I always use kosher salt) or 1 1⁄2 cups kosher salt (I always use kosher salt)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- In a large bucket or container large enough to hold your turkey, mix together the water, salt, garlic, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Stor in refrigerator, and soak turkey for 2 days before smoking or roasting.