Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family loves this pizza so much, they request it more often than ordering pizza parlor pizza. It's quick to put together and you can have fun using up ingredients in the fridge. Feel free to use different cheeses and add toppings like pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, etc.
- 2 lbs pizza dough (I use Best Bread Machine Pizza Dough)
- 2 cups pizza sauce (I use 1 batch of Mom's Super Simple Pizza Sauce)
- olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or more)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease two medium size baking sheets (with rims) with olive oil.
- Divide dough in half and press and form dough evenly into the two prepared pans. (if you use my pizza dough recipe, this is easy to do. If you use another dough, you may have to roll it out and then place in pans.).
- Spread each one evenly with pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle each pizza with 1 cup of mozzarella, 1 cup of cheddar, parmesan cheese and oregano.
- If desired, drizzle lightly with olive oil and add any other toppings you'd like.
- Bake on 2nd from bottom oven rack for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and bottom of crust is golden brown and to your desired crispness.
- Because I can't fit both baking sheets on the same rack at the same time in my oven, I put one pizza on the bottom and one pizza on the 2nd from bottom.
- After about 8 minutes, I switch the pizzas, so the cheese doesn't burn and both crusts get a change to get crispy and cooked.