jiva das's Note:
Buttery egg delight. Based on the recipe of the surrealist painter Francois Picabia, to be found in the Alice B Toklas Cook Book, near the recipe for Hashish Cookies. Not for people on a diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 egg yolks (Get only the yolks from a dozen eggs.)
- 1/2 lb butter (Cut a half a pound of butter into smitherings)
- 1Mix the yolks with a fork over the lowest possible heat, while adding the smidgens and smitherings of butter, so that the eggs do not cook, but the butter melts.
- 2Picabia thought that this concoction was a study in texture.
- 3I had to get rid of it, so I put it into a slow oven for 15 minutes.
- 4What came out was a delicious egg sponge.
- 5Very fat with cholesterol, but dressed with maybe strawberry jam, food to die for!
- 6Stir the yolks.
- 7Heat them on the lowest possible level, while adding the smidgens of butter, so that the butter melts, but the eggs do not cook.
- 8This is what the great surrealist painter Picabia called a study in texture.
- 9If, like me, you find it revolting.
- 10put the glop in a baking dish.
- 11setting your oven to about 325 for ten or fifteen minutes, and you will have lots of calories and cholesterol, and utter delectation (a dab of strawberry jam would zap the zap): Egg Sponge!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ouefs Francois Picabia Egg Sponge
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1109.3
- Calories from Fat 1047
- Total Fat 116.4 g
- Saturated Fat 67.0 g
- Cholesterol 1376.8 mg
- Sodium 697.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 15.5 g