Recipe by Tebo
This is a bit of a "cheater" using artifical crab (also much more economical). It is very versatile. Add shrimp, clam or any other seafood you wish as well as other vegetables.
Top Review by dicentra
This is good. I made this into a sort of noodle bowl for dinner last night using whole wheat spaghetti. I substituted broccoli for the mushrooms and used a seafood blend from Trader Joes for the crabmeat. The directions say to combine the cornstarch with the soy sauce etc, but it isn't listed in the ingredients. I added about a teaspoon. I also added a clove of fresh garlic to the sauce (needed a little something.) I should have added a pinch of red pepper flakes too. I dumped the whole thing into bowls with the spaghetti in the bottom. YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 ounces fresh pea pods
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine in a bowl water, lemon, soy, sugar, cornstarch.
- In a wok over medium heat stir fry vegetables in oil until tender-crisp, about 4-5 minutes Remove and add soy mixture.
- Cook until slightly thickened.
- Add vegetables and crab and heat through.
- Serve over napa cabbage, angel hair pasta or rice noodles.