Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
No need to heat or chill but chilled on a hot summer day would be refreshing. Cooking time includes cooking the rice but not the cooling time. For a main dish - add slivered cooked meat or poultry, thinly sliced carrots and/or bell pepper.
- 1⁄2 cup basmati rice, raw
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, preferred over lemon
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise, Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- Cook rice following label directions.
- Stir in margarine and lime juice.
- Toss lightly with a fork and cool to room temperature.
- Fold in celery, onion, Miracle Whip and almonds.
- Spoon into serving bowls.
- Add salt at table if needed.