Recipe by kitchengrrl
There are so many variations on this salad, it almost seems silly to post it. But I think this version is delicious, so here you go! :) This is so very simple and so delicious and perfect for summer. Serves a crowd who will chew off your arm when they find there's no more.
- 1 -2 lb cooked chicken, cut bite size (I sauteed 2 pkgs chicken strips seasoned with lemon pepper)
- 1 small napa cabbage, quartered lengthwise and sliced thinly crosswise
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled in stripes,quartered lengthwise and sliced thinly crosswise
- 2 -3 green onions, sliced in thin diagonal strips (optional)
- 2 -4 ounces slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 2 -4 ounces sesame seeds
- olive oil
- chili oil
- sesame oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss vegetables and chicken together in a VERY large bowl.
- Break ramen noodles into a shallow oven pan and toast.
- Toast almonds and sesame seeds in a seperate pan.
- Almonds burn quickly!
- To make dressing, pour 1/8 c olive oil in a glass measuring cup.
- Then add half chili oil and half sesame oil until you have a total of 1/3 cup oil.
- Add the honey and the seasoning packet from the noodles, then the vinegar and stir together.
- Taste for seasoning and add pepper if needed.
- This makes a pretty spicy dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, then add toasty toppings and toss together.
- NOTE: This is best the first day.
- If you plan on having leftovers, set some salad aside BEFORE adding the dressing and reserve a small amount of dressing in a seperate cup.
- Also reserve some toasty toppings in a baggie.
- Delicious for lunch the next day and still tastes fresh and not soggy.