Recipe by MarissaB
Got this from a friend who lives in Oregon & tries to eat a lot of homemade, local foods. She said this was her mom's standby recipe--and her mom's mom's too.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled & sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 88.74 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 177.44 ml milk
- 9.85 ml onion flakes
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put potatoes in a large pot & cover with water. Boil for 10-12 minutes until a knife goes through the thickest ones easily.
- Drain all of water.
- Add butter, salt, pepper & onion flakes.
- Squish with a potate ricer/masher until creamy.
- Add sour cream and squish some more. Then add milk. (Saving the liquids 'til last helps keep the lumps away.).
- Put in a casserole dish with extra pats of butter and cover in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.