Recipe by VeggieHippie
An adaptation of thumbprints with orange flavroing and orange marmalade. Delicious and beautiful gifts for the holidays.
Top Review by Ameliahead
Yum! These are so good! I am not a huge cookie person, but I could eat about 10 of these in one sitting. I think I will try them again with another flavoring sometime; maybe raspberry?
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- cream butter and shortening.
- slowly add powdered sugar while creaming (occasoinally scrape down bowl with spatula).
- add flavoring.
- stir in flour & cornstarch (dogh will be very thick).
- refridgerate over night.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- take pieces of dough and roll them into balls about 1/2-3/4" in size. place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- make a small indentation in cookies with back of wooden spoon (prettier looking than using your thumbs).
- fill depressions with orangel marmalade.
- bake on middle rack for 10-15 minutes or until beginning to look slightly golden on bottoms.
- remove from cookie sheet to cool on racks.