1/2 Photos of Orange-Spiced Carrots (Fat-Free)
You may use a bag of baby carrots in place of sliced, and the spices may be adjusted to taste, if I am serving these to guests I go the extra step of drying all the cooked carrots with paper towels to make certain they are extra dry so the coating will stick to them and not become thin, if you are serving a large dinner party you might want to double the recipe, for an extra kick add in a very small pinch cayenne pepper --- these are very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan cook the carrots in boiling water or steam them until crisp-tender (about 8-9 minutes, for whole baby carrots increase the cooking time) drain and set aside.
- 2At this point you may cook dry them with paper towels if desired.
- 3In the same saucepan combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, orange juice, ginger, nutmeg and black pepper; bring to a boil over medium-low heat stirring until thickened.
- 4Return the carrots to the saucepan and toss until heated through and coated.
- 5Season with salt if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Spiced Carrots (Fat-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g