Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Tangy chicken with an Asian twist.
Make and share this Orange-Soy Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 orange, quartered
- 4 lbs roasting chickens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock (keep an extra cup handy though)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- orange slice (to garnish)
- salad greens (to garnish)
- Put the chicken quarters inside the chicken.
- Prick the chicken all over, then place on a rack in a roasting pan. Mix the salt and spices and rub over the chicken.
- Mix together half the orange juice, the soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic. Brush over the chicken.
- Roast in a preheated 350F oven for 1 3/4-2 hours until the juices run clear. Turn the chicken and prick frequently during roasting, each time adding a little stock to prevent the juices from drying out.
- Remove the chicken and let stand, covered with foil.
- Spoon off the fat from the pan and set the pan on top of the stove. Add any remaining stock and the orange juice, sherry, and honey and bring to a boil, stirring vigorously.
- Garnish the chicken and serve at once, with the sauce passed separately.