Recipe by Chef Charley
Light and airy double baked cookies called "biscotti" to enjoy with coffee or anytime of the day for a quick snack.
Top Review by BestFriendsStevie
I made this recipe today, following it to the letter, correct oven temps, the works as I always do when I try a new recipe. The reviews were good, but the results were awful--1) it needs salt; 2) they don't brown correctly which is a problem; 3) they are hard as rocks and extremely bland. Very disappointing and big was of time and especiallly, ingredients. They were so bad, I had to throw them all away--and that's rare that I ever have to toss anything I've made. I have made many biscotti recipes with good results, so it is not inexperience with biscotti, this is a bad recipe.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and sugar at high speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until foamy. Add orange rind, oil and extracts, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to sugar mixture, beating well. Fold in pecans. Cover and freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- Divide dough into 4 3 1/2" thick logs; place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until firm. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut each log diagonally into 1/2" slices with serrated knife. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes. Turn cookies over, and bake for 15 more minutes. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.