Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
i got this recipe from the chef, a local resteranteur.
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 inches ginger, grated
- 4 duck breasts, fat trimmed
- 4 yams
- 2 bunches baby bok choy
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan.
- boil until reduced to 3/4 cup.
- set aside.
- meanwhile boil yams in water until almost fork tender, 15 minutes.
- cool, peel, and cut into 1/4" slices.
- in a skillet sear duck, breast side down until brown.
- flip duck, add yam slices and add oj reduction.
- cook 8 minutes more or until liquid is reduced by half.
- in a separate pan saute bok choy in sesame oil for 1-2 minutes.
- to serve: fan duck breasts over yams, with bok choy.
- drizzle with pan juices.
We used chicken and regular bok choy, but it still turned out wonderful. I'd recommend it for a nice change in menu. 4 stars! (It must be to-die-for to get 5 stars from me.)