1 hr 15 mins
Vicki G.'s Note:
From my first Betty Crocker's Cookbook (1971), a recipe made every Christmas, and delicious anytime of the year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Peel and slice potatoes about 1 inch thick. Arrange in lightly greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 3In small saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, salt and orange peel.
- 4Slowly stir orange juice into the sugar mixture.
- 5Add butter. Cook stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Boil and stir about 1 minute.
- 6Pour hot orange sauce over sweet potatoes. Cover and bake 1 hour, basting occasionally.
- 7Note: During Christmas I often bake the potatoes and prepare the sauce ahead of time. I then reheat the sauce, assemble and bake for about 30 minutes at 350F until heated through. Can be topped with marshmallows if desired.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 758.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 47.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g