Recipe by Traci & Jeff Poole2
Not much harder than plain biscuits, but prettier..
Top Review by Princessmitzoue
Very easy to make! I was looking for a more flavorful roll to bring to fiesta pot luck, so the second batch I added honey & a tiny bit of red pepper. I also brushed the tops with the honey before sugaring-very tasy:)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the shortening and orange rind.
- Mix until it is as fine as corn meal.
- Add milk and mix until dough is soft. Knead lightly onto a floured board for about 30 seconds.
- Roll dough 10 inches wide to make 1/8 thickness.
- Cut into 1 inch strips.
- With a pair of scissors, make 3/4 inch cuts about 1 inch apart in the strips.
- Roll up the strips as if you are rolling up jelly rolls.
- Make a flower from the strips in a well greased muffin pan.
- Brush with the orange juice and sprinkle them with the sugar.
- Bake at 450* for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Yields = 1 dozen.