Cook1 hr 30 mins
Marbled orange and white fudge that tastes just like a creamsicle. I have revised this recipe over the years and this is my latest version -- it's less sweet than the original. When you dump it in the bowl, it might look as if you've failed, however, it smooth up as it sets.
- Line a 9 inch square pan with "Release" foil or line with regular foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place marshmallow crème and white chips in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar, cream and butter in saucepan.
- Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring once or twice, until mixture reaches 235°F
- Remove from heat immediately and pour hot cream mixture into mixing bowl with chips and marshmallow crème.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon -- mixture might look slightly stretchy and unappetizing, but don't worry, it will smooth out.
- Remove 1 cup of mixture and set aside.
- Stir orange extract and a few drops of each color food coloring into mixture which remains in bowl.
- Stir until it reaches a lovely orange hue.
- Adjust colors if needed.
- Pour orange mixture into prepared pan. Pour or spoon white mixture on top.
- Drag a knife through both to make swirls.
- Using a sheet of foil, press down slightly to smooth top.
- Let cool to room temperature (about 40 minutes) then chill for one hour or until set.
- Lift fudge from pan using foil handles and using a large knife, score into squares.
If I could give five stars just for appearance I would. This is lovely. It looks very appealing and professional.The only qualm I have would be that the white chocolate chips are a bit over powering. I added double the orange flavoring and a little clear vanilla and I was very glad I did. It is very good, very rich, cut your pieces small a little goes a long way!
Orange Dreamsicle Truffles??? I can't make fudge, never could but never give up trying. Posting for others who are fudge-challenged like me. Rather than admit defeat one more time I rolled these into balls, dropped them into powdered sugar and turned them into truffles. The recipe is just delicious and I did use the chocolate chips.
Absolutely delicious! This is my second time making fudge and it was so easy and turned out beautifully. Thank you for an awesome recipe!