Recipe by Bergy
With or without alcohol this is one smooth warming drink-serve to the non drinkers and kids without the dollop of Cointreau and if you wish, spice up the drink for those that do want it.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Wonderful warm beverage!! I halved this recipe and made it for V-day, y'day, for mom and me:) We both loved it, mom says a big "Thank you" to you for posting. Thanks, Auntie Bergy! Happy V-day to you!
- 4 cups orange juice (use fresh or "not from concentrate")
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or 1 pint ice milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium high heat, In a saucepan combine the orange juice, cinnamon sticks and vanilla Bring to a boil& simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Stir in the Ice cream.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly until heated through DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve with mini marshmellows.
- If you want the alcohol version add one oz of Cointreau or other orange liquer to each glass just before serving.