Recipe by Divinemom5
These creamy, truffle-like goodies are great on your holiday cookie plates.
Top Review by SusieQusie
Wonderful taste but sure fussy to work with. They certainly are meltaways - even when cold, rolling into balls was nigh on impossible. I ended up wearing chocolate gloves ;-) All my attempts to dip them in the chocolate resulted in a tasty puddle. I finally spooned them all into the pecans & rolled them around into a reasonable facsimile of a ball. Were I in a bad mood, I would have gotten very frustrated but I thought it was quite fun & challenging!
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Place milk and semi sweet chocolate chips in mixing bowl; set aside.
- In saucepan, bring cream and orange peel to gentle boil.
- Immediately pour over chips.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Stir in extract.
- Cover and chill about 35 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat for 10-15 seconds, or until mixture lightens in color (do not over beat). Spoon by rounded teaspoonfuls onto wax paper lined cookie sheets.
- Cover and chill 5 minutes.
- Shape into balls.
- Roll half of the balls in chopped pecans.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Dip remaining balls.
- Place on wax paper to harden.
- Store in refrigerator.