Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A light and healthy fish dish using a marinade that can be used with many types of poultry or seafood.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, fresh minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 3 (4 ounce) tuna fillets, preferably ahi
- Rinse the fish and pat dry.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together and pour into a shallow marinade dish or a sealable plastic bag. Add fish. Marinate for at least 30 minutes but not more than 4 hours.
- Place fish on a baking sheet. Bake in 375 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes, until fish is cooked through.
- Serve fish with your vegetable of choice.
We used this on black fin tuna filet, and grilled with mesquite smoke chip. It came out just wonderful! We used 2 TBS of regular soy sauce, very little salt, and omitted red pepper flakes. We loved this marinate sauce! I think we will try this again on grilled shrimp next time.