Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this on the fly. It is really good and has more of an orange flavor than fast food restaurants. Pretty healthy for you too :)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups orange juice (with pulp)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- butter (for cooking)
- Begin by mixing the orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, salt, and flour together in a separate bowl.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips or pieces (can also leave as a breast but the sauce does not penetrate as well).
- Begin by cooking the breasts on the stovetop with a bit of butter.
- Once the breasts are cooked to your liking, pour the sauce mixture into the pan (it is good to have a deep-dish frying pan, as there will be alot of sauce).
- Turn up the heat and stir the sauce with the chicken. The sauce should thicken. If sauce has trouble thickening, you can always add a bit more flour. You can leave the sauce cooking until it reaches your preferred consistency, but usually does have a nice, thick sauce after a few minutes.
- Take off of the heat and serve with rice and fresh vegetables. Enjoy!