Recipe by Sherrybeth
This came from an older lady who lived near us about 20 years ago. She would make this and give it to all of her neighbors for Christmas. It is very good, has a pretty color and she was kind enough to give me the recipe before she died. I'm posting it so I don't lose it..again!
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml chablis (dry, white wine)
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice (yes, it does require squeezing lemons!)
- 1.23 ml orange rind, grated
- 118.29 ml fresh orange juice (more squeezing!)
- 85.04 g package liquid pectin (Sure-Jell)
Directions See How It's Made
- combine the sugar, wine, lemon juice, orange rind and orange juice in a dutch oven.
- Bring this to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the pectin and bring the mixture to a full, rolling boil and boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and if there is a foam, skim it off with a metal spoon.
- Quickly and CAREFULLY, pour the jelly into hot, sterilized half pint jars, filing to 1/4 inch from the top of the jar.
- Wipt the jar rims and seal with metal lids and bands.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool.