Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These delicate cookies, rolled in powdered sugar, would be very attractive on your Christmas cookie tray. You may wish to enhance the flavor of the orange with a drop or two of orange extract. Likewise you may wish to enhance the color with a bit of orange food color! Recipe comes from "The Joy of Eating." Note that chilling time is not included in the timing.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange peel, grated
- Beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in flour, cornstarch and orange peel until just blended. Shape dough into a ball; wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have ready several cookie sheets. Do not grease.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cookie is firm. Allow to cool and then roll in more sifted powdered sugar.