Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
It's a slow-cook dish..but the results are well worth it.
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 -10 ounces swiss cheese, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs
- Clean and skin breast and place in bottom of 9X13 dish.
- cover completely with sliced cheese.
- Mix together soup, sour cream and lemon juice.
- Pour over top of chicken covering completely.
- Mix cracker crumbs with butter and sprinkle over the top of sauce.
- (Crumbs should cover sauce completely).
- Bake at 275 for 2 1/2 hours uncovered.
- (You may want to put a drip pan underneath depending on how full the dish is).
I make this all the time for my family and they LOVE it!!! I only wish i had found it sooner. I am always asked to bring it to parties and potluck's. It is always the hit of the party. If I could give it 10 stars I would!!!
This is so delicious. I'm making it for the 2nd time in the last couple weeks. I adjusted the heat to 325 since I needed the meal finished in less than 1 1/2 hrs. and it turned out just great. Thanks so much for sharing! We love this dish served with rice and a green vegetable.
My DH is a swisscheeseaholic and loved this! Will become a regular - easy to put together and let bake.