Recipe by yooper
Oprah's famous "unfried chicken" recipe from personal chef Rosie's cookbook. Very tasty, low fat substitute for the Colonel's. 1
- 6 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 1⁄2 cups ice water
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup dried Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove skin from chicken pieces.
- Place all chicken pieces in a large bowl with the ice water.
- Put yogurt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- Combine all breading ingredients in a large, tight-sealing bag.
- Shake to mix.
- Remove two pieces of the chicken from the ice water.
- Roll each piece in yogurt.
- Put chicken in plastic bag with the breading mix.
- Seal and shake, coating each piece thoroughly.
- Place on oiled baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Spray chicken lightly with vegetable oil.
- Place baking sheet on bottom of the preheated 400°F oven.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning pieces over every 20 minutes for even browning.