1 hr 15 mins
Oprah's famous "unfried chicken" recipe from personal chef Rosie's cookbook. Very tasty, low fat substitute for the Colonel's. 1
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 1/2 cups ice water
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Remove skin from chicken pieces.
- 3Place all chicken pieces in a large bowl with the ice water.
- 4Put yogurt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 5Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- 6Combine all breading ingredients in a large, tight-sealing bag.
- 7Shake to mix.
- 8Remove two pieces of the chicken from the ice water.
- 9Roll each piece in yogurt.
- 10Put chicken in plastic bag with the breading mix.
- 11Seal and shake, coating each piece thoroughly.
- 12Place on oiled baking sheet.
- 13Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- 14Spray chicken lightly with vegetable oil.
- 15Place baking sheet on bottom of the preheated 400°F oven.
- 16Bake for 1 hour, turning pieces over every 20 minutes for even browning.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oprah's Unfried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 117.2 mg
- Sodium 517.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 47.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning