Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a very versatile and widely enjoyed pasta dish with chicken. It has an Asian influence with a very nice sesame flavor. I whipped it up one evening with a limited pantry and my little one named it. Joint collaboration on this one, folks! Oh yea, and the key is with the FRESH ginger.
- 16 ounces vermicelli
- 1⁄8 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced green onions
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (to sprinkle on top)
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente.
- Steam broccoli, set aside.
- Whisk next 6 ingredients together in large serving bowl.
- Add hot pasta.
- Stir in onions, broccoli, and chicken.
- Toss in cilantro.
- Sprinkle on sesame seeds.
These were great!!!! I made this recipe for PAC spring 2007. I brought some to work, I told my mom to come by and pick some up for dinner, she did and her company loved them. I didn't have cilantro at the time but I really like it and will make sure to use it nex time, This dish is great Hot or Cold. Thanks Reed!!! Barbara