Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have had this recipe for years in my "book" but have yet to try it. It sounds so good that I had to share it. I have had it so long I have forgotten where it originates.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -3 lb chicken, cut into parts and skinned
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, additional
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Combine the 1/4 c. melted butter and lemon juice in a shallow bowl.
- Mix cheese, breadcrumbs and garlic powder in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in butter and then roll in breadcrumbs, coating well.
- Arrange in a single layer in baking dish.
- Drizzle the 2 T. butter over chicken pieces in dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika and sesame seed.
- Bake for 1 hour, basting frequently with pan juices.
- Cover dish with foil if browning too quickly.
- Serve over a bed of hot white rice
This is GREAT chicken! It was moist and juicy and the breading was crispy and delicious. I would add a little more garlic to the breadin mix next time but overall AWESOME!
I just loved this recipe.I usually dont bake my chicken because I usually buy boneless,skinless chicken breasts and I find it to dry,but this was not the case.They were perfect,juicy and with just a hint of lemon.....mmmmm....I did everything the recipe said and I served it with white rice and soy sauce!Thanks for the wonderful recipe!~!
Wow this is great. 1st thing I tried on this site! It's attractive too!! I only had to cover mine with foil for the last 10-15 minutes! We will be eating this again!!