Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of several recipes in the October 2005 issue of the Australian magazine ‘Delicious’ in an article featuring food that children will find delicious and which is therefore ideal for serving at children’s parties. I have also posted a recipe for Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Sausage Rolls. What stuck me about this recipe is that although the combination of ingredients sounded potentially delicious it is herb free. I haven’t made this recipe yet, but I would be inclined to add herbs that you know your children have found acceptable in other recipes.
- 350 g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 100 ml thickened light cream
- 100 g low-fat feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 200˚C, grease two 20 holes in several muffin pans, place the pumpkin on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and season to taste, roast for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Cut 20 rounds from the pastry sheets using a 6.5cm cutter, press into the muffin holes to cover the base and a little of the sides, whisk the eggs and cream together, divide the pumpkin pieces among the rounds, top each with 1 teaspoon of the egg mixture, then sprinkle with the feta and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden, cool slightly and then turn out from the muffin pans.
Really simple and easy to prepare. This recipe could be taken in a dozen different directions, all tasty! Thanks