Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
I make these and I changed the recipe a bit from the regular Bacon Chestnut Appetizers.. People will love these. Approximate number served depending on how many waterchestnuts you use. Enjoy! You can use the 12-oz bottle and mix with the brown sugar too. It depends on how many cans of water chestnuts I use! :)
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle Open Pit Barbecue Sauce or 1 (12 ounce) bottle Open Pit Barbecue Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, whole
- 1 lb bacon, sliced in half pieces
- Mix the Open Pit Barbeque Sauce and brown sugar together.
- Drain waterchestnuts. Wrap each chestnut with 1/2 slice of bacon. Secure with a tootpick and marinate in BBQ sauce and brown sugar mixture.
- Bake on a cookie sheet with foil on it and lightly greased. Bake one hour at 350. Remove all grease and bake 1/2 hour longer.
- Prep time includes marinating it.
I made these for a neighborhood gathering. Very yummy and they disappeared quickly! A little "fussy" to make but well worth the effort. Made for 1st Annual Holiday Tag Game. Thank you faith for posting.