Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy breakfast, or, for us a Sunday evening supper!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups o'brien frozen potatoes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- bacon bits, to taste
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in 10 inch skillet over moderate heat.
- Add potatoes in even layer and sprinkle with celery salt. Cook, turning frequently, about 10 minutes, until tender and lightly browned. Set aside in a dish and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining butter in same skillet. Pour in egg mixture and cook over moderate heat, lifting edges as egg sets to allow uncooked portion to run underneath.
- When omelet is set, spoon the hot potatoes on top, along with cheese, onions and bacon bits.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Garnish with sour cream, if desired.