Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
These noodles are wonderful if you need a quick side dish. They use ingredients you may already have in your pantry making them a great last minute dinner addition. The recipe comes from Canadian Living's Make It Tonight. Suggestions for herbs: basil, oregano, parsley PS: After two reviews suggested it, I have changed the ingredient list to say butter or olive oil rather than olive oil. Thankyous to the reviewers for suggesting the improvements.
Top Review by Chocolatl
A friend of mine used to make a dish very similar to this whenever she was low on funds. I definitely agree that the butter is better than oil. I liked fresh basil with this, but the nice part about it is that you can change up the herbs depending on what else you're serving. Thanks for posting!
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (may substitute 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm (about 8 min).
- Drain noodles, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Return noodles to pot.
- You may moisten the noodles with reserved water if desired.
- Toss with remaining ingredients and serve.