Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A yummy way to mix up your summer BBQ menu - lamb roast, with Indian tikka spicing. From something I found on www.hgontario.ca (HomeGrown Ontario). They suggest serving with fresh Naan bread and a crisp salad garnished with Feta and pomegranate seeds. Note: the prep time does not include the marination (4 hours or overnight).
- In dry skillet over medium-high heat toast cumin, fennel, cardamom, red pepper and peppercorns until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes.
- Let cool and grind in spice grinder until fine. Stir in olive oil, ginger and garlic to make a paste.
- Trim any remaining fat from lamb. Rub paste all over lamb and marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill lamb on greased preheated grill, turning once, until meat registers 160ºF (70ºC), approximately 20 minutes.
- Let rest on a cutting board for 15 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.