Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Most men like onion rings, but don't know how to make the crap. After a few tries, I found a way to make the stuff. They taste pretty damn good. My boy and I also made a man sauce together. I will post that at some point later.
- 4 large onions, sliced in rings
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- Separate the onion rings from each layer. Put the small inner pieces smaller than a quarter off to the side for something else.
- Combine the milk and eggs in a small sized bowl.
- Put the flour in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine the bread crumbs and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Using a chopstick or something like it, dunk 1 ring at a time into the milk/egg then drop it into the flour. Use a spoon to scope flour on top of the onion.
- Put the floured onion on a wired rack.
- Do the rest of the onions the same way.
- Do the same technique with the bread crumb/salt mixture.
- Start your deep fryer with canola oil or something similar and wait until the temp is about 350 degrees.
- Cook the onion rings in the oil for about 2-3 minutes each . Do not over crowd the rings, but cook more than 1 at a time
- Take the onion rings out and put them on the wire rack.
- Keep everyone away from them while you are cooking cuz people will take them on you.