1/1 Photo of One-Rise Honey Wheat Bread
1 hr 40 mins
This is a really easy recipe for bread that does not take all day to make ! You only knead it once, then it rises in the loaf pan once,then you bake it ! This bread is equally good for toast or sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a large loaf pan with butter, margarine, or shortening.
- 2Combine yeast, honey, warm water and melted butter/margarine in mixing bowl with a whisk. (if you grease your measuring cup for the honey, the honey will come out of it more easily).
- 3Stir the three types of flour into the honey/water/yeast mixture with a large spoon.
- 4Knead for ten minutes or until the dough feels soft and elastic. If you have a bread machine with a non-heated knead cycle - on mine it's the pasta dough cycle, you can let your bread machine do the kneading for you.
- 5Apply a little shortening/butter/oil to a large cutting board. After kneading, on the board, apply pressure to roll your dough into a smooth oblong bread shape a little shorter than the loaf pan. Place in greased loaf pan. Slit the top of the loaf down the middle with a sharp knife, not going quite all the way to the ends of the loaf.
- 6Preheat your oven just long enough to get it slightly warm (on mine this takes three minutes), then turn the oven OFF, and put the dough in for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, leave the dough in the oven, turn the oven on, set to 375 F, and set the timer for another 40 minutes.
- 7When the bread is done the top should be brown. Leave the bread in the pan and allow it to cool on a cooling rack. I recommend allowing the bread to cool completely before removing it from the pan. Also the loaf will set better and be less crumbly if you freeze it once before using it.
- 8TIPS: An alternative to all purpose flour is King Arthur White Whole Wheat flour. And if you want a more whole grain taste/texture, experiment with adding some wheat germ or oatmeal to the recipe.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One-Rise Honey Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2986.7
- Calories from Fat 482
- Total Fat 53.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 567.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 562.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.5 g
- Sugars 94.6 g
- Protein 75.3 g