Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Goldie Satt-Arrow, posted for ZWT II '06. Remember to use kosher salt!!
- 340.19 g egg noodles
- 1064.65 ml water
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 78.07 ml oil (preferably walnut, but corn or peanut will work)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil the water, sugar, oil, pepper, and salt together.
- Remove from source of heat.
- Add noodles and stir.
- Let stand for precisely 15 minutes.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Turn into an 8x10 pyrex baking dish.
- Bake approximately 1 hour or until the kugel is brown all around.
I've made this several times now, but with gluten free noodles because I need to. Yummy! The walnut oil makes it especially nice.