Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I cannot remember where I came across this recipe but it is an absolute favorite in our house!!
- 10 -12 chicken tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning or 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in a small amount of oil. Season as desired. I used a lot of the following House Seasoning. When chicken is fully cooked, add water, taco seasoning, and can of Rotel. Bring to a boil and then add the rice. Stir the rice in until mixed, cover, and remove from heat. After all the water has been absorbed (abt 5 min.), give the chicken and rice mixture a stir and top with cheese. Put cover on again until cheese has melted.
- *House Seasoning* - equal parts (can use less pepper) - kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley flakes.