Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, busy night supper, in 30 minutes. Change veggies to your liking, the potatoes and chicken will go with almost any veggie.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper (cayenne if you like)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium heat.
- Add potatoes, chicken and bell pepper to frypan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add green beans and cook another 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centre and potatoes are tender.
This recipe scores lots of points for quick and easy prep. We found it to be quite bland, although I did add a Cajun Seasoning mix. Next time we will add more seasoning! A great time saver, and a good starting off point for adding your own flavor.
Cut up the potatoes and realized that putting them in the fry pan for 15 mintues would not be enough, by far. Needed an extra half hour to 45 minutes for potatoes to cook. Other than that, good recipe. I will cook potatoes beforehand.