Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
These are great easy appetizers!
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough (12 breadsticks)
- 1 lb 80% lean ground beef or 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons hamburger seasoning
- cheddar cheese (optional) or American cheese, sliced and quartered (optional)
- 36 dill pickle slices
- ketchup or mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°F Separate dough into breadsticks; cut each breadstick into 3 equal pieces. Working with one piece at a time, tuck ends under to meet at center, pressing to seal and form very small bun about Wz inches in diameter and Vz inch high.
- Place buns seam side down on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
- While buns are baking, prepare burgers. Gently mix ground beef and seasoning mix in large bowl. Shape beef mixture into 36 patties, using about 2 teaspoons beef per patty.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat 30 seconds. Place half of patties in skillet; cook 4 minutes on one side or until browned. Turn and cook 3 minutes or until burgers are cooked through; top with slice of cheese, if desired. Repeat with remaining patties.
- To assemble, split buns in half crosswise. Top bottom halves with burgers, pickle slices, small dollops of ketchup and tops of buns.
These are great! My daughter [age 9] thought it was hilarious to have 4 hamburgers for supper! The tube of breadsticks I was able to buy only had 8, not 12, so I was only able to make 24 mini buns. From my hamburg I formed 27 mini burgers, so I'll have to find something else to make buns for the remainder...maybe small rounds of bread, toasted. I used Mrs Dash Orignal for the seasoning, and it was very good.