Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Love it as a quiche, love it as an omelet
- 2 slices thick cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated swiss cheese
- 1 slice green onion (include some tender green tops)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- parsley sprig
- Make the filling: in a small bowl, combine bacon, cheese, and green onion.
- Make the omelet: in a bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt, nutmeg, and cayenne together.
- Heat an 8-inch omelet pan over medium heat.
- Add butter; swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- When butter foams, pour in egg mixture all at once.
- Let set until edges begin to cook, about 20 seconds.
- With a spatula, gently lift edges of mixture and tip skillet to let the uncooked egg mixture flow underneath.
- Continue to do this until the top is almost dry, 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon filling over ½ of the omelet; fold the other side over to cover.
- Let stand for a few seconds to let cheese melt.
- Turn out onto a warmed plate; garnish with parsley and serve.
The DM thoroughly enjoyed this delicious omelette for breakfast this morning and says thank you ratherbeswimmin', made for Name that Ingredient tag game.