Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for the Omani Recipe Collection Drive in the North Africa/Middle East forum this month (Jan, 2013).
- 397 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 7 eggs
- 118.29 ml butter, chopped (100 g)
- 236.59 ml milk (250 ml)
- 9.85 ml vanilla powder
- lemon zest, one piece only
- 118.29 ml pistachio nut, finely chopped (75 g)
- 118.29 ml almonds, finely chopped (100 g)
- Combine all ingredients except for the nuts in a large bowl.
- Place the egg mixture in a large nonstick pot, stir over low heat with a flat wooden spoon for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture start to thicken.
- Add the nuts and keep stirring for another 5 minutes or until the mixtures thickens properly.
- Remove from heat and place on a serving dish. Allow cooling before placing in fridge to cool properly.
- Garnish with crushed pistachio and serve with some syrup on top.