Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
(Canapi De Pasta De Aceituna Negra Y Queso Cabrales)Note: This paste of black olives, garlic, and pine nuts is a lovely complement to a robust blue cheese, such as the outstanding Cabrales from Asturias in northern Spain. The black olives must be cured to give the proper flavor.
- 1⁄4 lb black olives, cured, pitted
- 1 garlic clove, mashed to a paste (or put through a garlic press)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb blue cheese (or more, Cabrales, Roquefort, or Gorgonzola)
- black olives (for garnish)
- long crusty bread, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Place the olives, garlic, pine nuts, and olive oil in the bowl of a processor and chop as finely as possible. [May be prepared ahead]
- Spread thinly on bread slices.
- Cover with blue cheese.
- Decorate with a piece of black olive.
- Makes 2 canapis per serving.
Tasted good, but so intense that I think they would be better on very small crackers instead of slices of bread. One was a bit too much for most people at our holiday party- but everyone said they tasted great!