Recipe by Chef Johnny Ringo
These mashed potatoes are rediculously easy and they are absolutely delicious! You've really got to try these! The recipe is from the September 2008 Gormet Magazine.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water (reserved from cooking the potatoes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potatoes into 2 inch chucks.
- Cover potatoes with cold water and salt.
- Boil, partially covered until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking water and drain potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and remove from heat.
- Force potatoes through potato ricer into oil in pot(you really need a potato ricer for this recipe).
- Stir in cooking water, salt and pepper to taste.