Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These mashed potatoes are rediculously easy and they are absolutely delicious! You've really got to try these! The recipe is from the September 2008 Gormet Magazine.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water (reserved from cooking the potatoes)
- Peel and cut potatoes into 2 inch chucks.
- Cover potatoes with cold water and salt.
- Boil, partially covered until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking water and drain potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and remove from heat.
- Force potatoes through potato ricer into oil in pot(you really need a potato ricer for this recipe).
- Stir in cooking water, salt and pepper to taste.