Chef Johnny Ringo's Note:
These mashed potatoes are rediculously easy and they are absolutely delicious! You've really got to try these! The recipe is from the September 2008 Gormet Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cut potatoes into 2 inch chucks.
- 2Cover potatoes with cold water and salt.
- 3Boil, partially covered until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 4Reserve 1 cup cooking water and drain potatoes.
- 5Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and remove from heat.
- 6Force potatoes through potato ricer into oil in pot(you really need a potato ricer for this recipe).
- 7Stir in cooking water, salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.4
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1173.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g